Hi, everyone! Just another quick update. After some serious thought, I’ve decided to give myself an extra window of safety and postpone the release officially until August 14th. I apologize that this is a few days later than what I initially said it might be in my earlier blog post, but I genuinely think this is for the best. I have a lot on my plate right now and I would be devastated if risked screwing up this book that I’ve worked so hard on for way too long as it is by pressuring myself to put it out before I’m 100% sure I’m ready. And as I’m not sure how things will be going with me for the rest of the week, hopefully that extra six days will give me some room to breathe.
Apologies for being so vague about what’s going on; I tend to think of myself as a pretty private person, and I’m never quite sure about how much about my personal life to share on my author platform. I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable, or worry that I’m putting too much information about myself or my loved ones out there that they might not be comfortable with being shared. I really hope I’m not making this sound scarily serious, please don’t worry about me. I will say that someone close to me is experiencing a health crisis (not COVID related), and I’m not sure yet how things will pan out over the next few days. All I know is that I can’t devote the attention and energy to this book required to have the final manuscript uploaded and ready to go in less than 24 hours from now, as I would have to to keep my original August 8th release date.
So, while that pre-order unfortunately had to be canceled, I did luckily have a back-up pre-order set up that was initially supposed to be for the next book. So you do still have a chance to order the book before Aug. 14th for $2.99 on Amazon and Barnes and Noble, and the book will still be available at that price on all retailers for a week afterward as well.
Thank you all so much again for being patient and putting up with the delay. Hope everyone is doing well this week. See you all again soon.