I have no excuse… (I’m an absolute doofus)

Hello, everyone. I’m really sorry to make you all mad, but Flying High–as some of you who might’ve pre-ordered the book may already be aware of–will unfortunately not be coming out tomorrow. I really don’t have a good excuse this time, except that in my haste to get the book uploaded on time in the middle of an extremely stressful week, I literally uploaded the wrong manuscript. At least, I’m pretty sure I did, but by the time I realized my blunder, it was too late to go back and check, as it was already in the phase of publishing on KDP when changes can no longer be made.

I thought I might be able to exploit a sorta-loophole the night before release day (meaning, tonight), by uploading the correct manuscript at midnight GMT, or 8:00 my time, pray that by the time it was 12:00 my time the changes went through, and then ask KDP to push the updated content to any readers who had received the wrong version of the book earlier. 

Buuuut… it gets worse. I have no idea what I did to deserve such bad luck, but when I went to look for the correct final draft to upload, it turns out that a number of edits I’d made hadn’t been saved, and what I’d thought was the final draft was simply not there. So, after dramatically banging my head on my desk and weeping pathetically for a bit, I really started to panic, and that’s when I proceeded to make more dumb mistakes. First, I sent a desperate email to KDP to ask them to pretty please push back my pre-order’s release date a few days so that I could re-upload the book once I redid those edits. Unfortunately, as it was already past the upload deadline, nothing could be done. Normally, I’d just accept that I’d have to go back to plan A and try to use that timezone loophole to sneak in the new manuscript, but for the past several days I’ve still been incredibly busy and burned out from work and things that are still going on with my family, I was starting to panic that I wasn’t going to be able to make those changes to the final draft again in time.

So, here we are now, with another long-winded explanation you didn’t want, for why a book you probably no longer care to wait for has been delayed for another week. The bright side for me is, I discovered far too late that due to the pandemic, KDP is temporarily relaxing their strict penalties for delaying or canceling pre-orders, so since I asked pretty-please, I am now able to set up pre-orders in the future. But… that still means that you won’t be getting Flying High until August 22. I’m so sorry and so embarrassed that I keep pushing this book back by a week and canceling pre-orders; all I can do is promise you that this is the last time, and hope that you believe me. And another bright spot: for those of you who like audiobooks, production finally just wrapped up on Strictly Business, so it should be coming to Audible soon (though their review process can take anywhere from a couple days to a month, so who knows).

Thank you all again for sticking by me; trust me, I know just how frustrating this is, and if you think this book is no longer worth the wait, I completely understand and wouldn’t blame you at all. But if you don’t mind hanging around for a little bit longer, I promise you you’re in for a fantastic continuation of Kiera and Caleb’s story. 

A Sneak Peek at Flying High…

Hello, my lovely readers! I hope you’ve been doing well the last few days. Thanks so much for hanging in there while my attention from finishing up Flying High. It’s been a rough and stressful week so far and it’s not over yet, but my family member that was going through a health crisis is doing better and things in general are starting to settle down.

But to tide you over until Flying High officially comes out next Friday, how about an exclusive excerpt?

Continue reading

Some News on Flying High…

Hello, everyone. Sorry I don’t have better news for you all, but I wanted to give you a heads up that the release of Flying High that was originally scheduled for this Saturday (Aug. 8th) may or may not have to be delayed for a few days. Something personal has come up that I have to prioritize, and although I’m trying as hard as I can to have the final draft of the book ready to upload before the Amazon pre-order deadline tomorrow evening (Aug. 4th), I’m not 100% confident I’ll be able to make it happen. I apologize to all of you who may have pre-ordered the book already; if it ends up not going live on the 8th, I can promise you that it will still be available for its pre-order/release week price of $2.99 when it does come out, which should be no later than Aug. 11th. For those of you who might not typically pre-order books, Amazon does not charge for it until the book is delivered on release day, so if it does end up being canceled, you will not have to pay twice if you still choose to buy the book when it does come out. Also, a few of you might have pre-ordered it early on before I decided to drop the release price from $3.99 to $2.99, so in case it does end up going live on time, I apologize as well that you ended up paying more; that was poor planning on my part.

Again, thank you all for your patience with this. I can at least promise those of you who’ve been around for a while that this won’t be another Loft series situation where I leave you hanging for 2 years for a sequel. I will admit that I did fumble this planned back-to-back release a bit, getting overconfident that since this was originally one book split into two, I could easily have book two out in a super short amount of time. And things were actually going great until yesterday.

Again, I just want to reiterate that there is a chance that I could get it uploaded in time, but I don’t want to overextend myself when there are other, more urgent things dividing my attention, and I don’t want to deliver an inferior product to you. I made an aggravating mistake with High Risk and ended up uploading a draft that hadn’t been fully edited initially, and I don’t want something like that to happen again. Thank you all for understanding while I deal with this emergency. I’m still very much looking forward to sharing the next chapter of this story with you, and I hope you don’t mind waiting a few extra days.

Take care,
Siena